Shio-koji 塩麹 turmeric chicken
This Shio-koji tumeric chicken is not just easy to make. It is tender and is of full of Umami (rich flavor) thanks to magical power of Shio-koji, a Japanese traditional fermented seasoning. Not only it is delicious and easy to make but also is digestive friendly and you can experience antioxidant benefit from Turmeric!
準備時間 5 minutes
調理時間 10 minutes
Marinating 6 hours
出来上がり分量 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp Shio-koji
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil - extra virgin
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 small chicken breast - boneless, skinless
To make the marinade, whisk together shio-koji, coconut oil, garlic, turmeric, and black pepper until combined.
To marinade the chicken place the chicken in a glass bowl or container, pour marinade over top of chicken until completely coated.Marinate chicken in the fridge for about 6 hours or overnight to let the enzyme acitivity of Shio-koji tenderize the chicken. Place chicken on a preheated grill and grill for about 5-6 minnutes both sides or until chicken is cooked through . Alternately you can bake chicken breasts in the oven at 210℃ (400 °F) for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Move the chicken onto the plate and enjoy!
- Shio-koji can be found in your local Japanese grocery stores or on Amazon.
- Do not forget to add black pepper because it helps the absorption of active compound of turmeric, curcumin.
- Shio-koji marinated chicken keeps the tenderness even after saved in the fridge so you can make extra serving to have it for next day lunch.